Why i never go out:
1) The following thought process: “Oh I would love to go to Xjgiglk! I can get there easily for a daytrip and it would be just beautiful. Breath of fresh air – time out of the city – exercise . . .”
2) Checks price of tickets – affordable! “Yes! This is easy – why don’t I do this more often?”
3) The following thought process: Y;lkj;lj is just a few miles away! It would be crazy to go all that way and NOT see Y;lkj;lj! Just a few £ extra for a 20 min train ride . . .
4) Get into a stew on Google earth – want to see ALL the places. Which should I chose? Where should I go?
5) The following thought process: If I am going then I really should do it properly – it’s only fair. You can’t go to a place in a rush without seeing all it has to offer!
6) Looks into overnight accommodation. Must do this on a budget. YHA maybe? Walking tour? Camping?
7) Plots 10 days of travel in the general area of Xjgiglk. 6 youth hostels, 10 trains, 4 buses, one hillside and a dodgy B&B in Y;lkj;lj.
8) The following thought process: Oh gawd – if I am going to do this I will need some serious new shoes. Waterproofs. New rucksack. A tent. 5 maps . . .
9) Realise I have run up a prospective bill of over £800
10) Give up and gloomily go and watch train videos on youtube . . .